Gloucester Schooner Race – 3 Day Weekend Cruise
Come aboard for the full 3-day round-trip excursion from Boston | Starting at $650
New England Labor Day Weekend Windjammer Cruise - Join us for the Whole 3 Day Round-trip Excursion from Boston!
A 3-day round-trip windjammer cruise for the Gloucester Schooner Race!
Shared Single (Single bunk in a double-occupancy cabin; you may be paired with another solo traveler of the same gender)
Private Single (For solo guests wishing to reserve their own room)
Private Double (For two guests sharing a room together)
3 days, 2 nights (Saturday, September 1 – Monday, September 3)
Labor Day Gloucester Race from Boston
- Set sail on the Liberty Clipper for the Gloucester Schooner Race! Each Labor Day weekend, dozens of schooners sail off Cape Ann, Massachusetts during this annual gathering of tall ships.
- This weekend of special sailing events is an annual favorite and space is limited, so book today! We won’t be in Boston this weekend – we’ll be sailing offshore and racing in Gloucester, MA! Join us for the fun and true offshore sailing experience…
Schedule of Events for 2018
Saturday, September 1:
- Boarding: 8 a.m.: Boarding begins for our offshore adventure. Enjoy coffee and breakfast on deck as we prepare the ship to get underway. If you are coming in from out of town, you may stay on board the night before – call us for details!
- Offshore sailing!! 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.: The ship sails offshore from Boston to Gloucester, MA. The ship sails out of Boston Harbor and passes the Boston Light while making passage to the beautiful Cape Ann. On this leg of the cruise, you may see whales in Massachusetts Bay and will likely sail in the company of other schooners on their way to Gloucester for the 34th annual Gloucester Schooner Race.
- Lighted Boat Parade & Fireworks Cruise: The Liberty Clipper sails in Gloucester from 7:30 p.m. till approximately 10 p.m. to watch a lighted Parade of Sail and watch the fireworks!
Sunday, September 2: Day of the Race!
- 8 – 8:30 a.m.: Boarding for day cruise passengers. We depart promptly at 8:45 a.m. to line up for the race!
- 9 a.m. – 4/5 p.m. (approx.): The Liberty Clipper competes in the 30th annual Mayor’s Cup racing in the coastal waters off of Cape Ann against a large fleet of tall ships! Bring your camera – events like this present rare opportunities to get some great pictures of a fleet of tall ships pressing forward under sail!
Monday, September 3: Gloucester to Boston Offshore Sailing
- 8 a.m.: Begin boarding for day cruise passengers.
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.: The ship sails offshore from Gloucester, MA to Boston, MA. The ship sails out of Gloucester bound south for Boston. On this leg of the cruise, you may see whales in Massachusetts Bay and will likely sail in the company of other schooners on their way home from the 34th annual Gloucester Schooner Race. Hear the crew tell their stories of the race and crew parties ashore. We’ll have a special lunch prepared courtesy of our professional chef!
Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships
67 Long Wharf
Boston, MA 02110