Gloucester Schooner Race (Labor Day Weekend)
Boston → Gloucester → Boston | Starting at $125 per leg
The famous Gloucester Schooner Race! Book now to sail from Boston to Gloucester or back, and even book a spot on the boat for race day! You won't forget this exhilarating experience!
New England Labor Day Weekend Windjammer Cruise!
Boston Sail to Gloucester Schooner Race
Set sail on the Liberty Clipper for the Gloucester Schooner Race! Each Labor Day weekend, dozens of schooners sail off Cape Ann, Massachusetts during this annual gathering of tall ships.
This weekend of special sailing events is an annual favorite and space is limited, so book today! We won’t be in Boston this weekend – we’ll be sailing along the coast and racing in Gloucester, MA! Join us for the fun and historic sailing experience!
3-Day Gloucester Schooner Race Cruise Starts Saturday September 5th
Depart Boston on Saturday September 5th at 8am and be aboard The Schooner Liberty Clipper for the entire Northbound Transit, Race day in Gloucester on September 6th, and Southbound Transit back to Boston on Monday September 7th. All meals are provided and guests attend the award ceremony following the race with captain and crew.
Northbound sail up to Gloucester Saturday Starts Saturday September 5th
Up to 12 additional guests come aboard for the sail up to Gloucester and depart once we arrive. Breakfast and lunch are provided on board as we sail North up Cape Ann. Northbound guests depart once we get to Gloucester. This is a one-way trip.
Race Day in Gloucester
Up to 12 additional guests come aboard as The Liberty Clipper participates in the annual Gloucester Schooner Race and depart at the end of the race. Breakfast and lunch are provided on board as we sail.
Southbound sail from Gloucester to Boston Monday September 7th
Up to 12 additional guests come aboard for the sail back to Boston and depart once we arrive. Breakfast and lunch are provided on board as we sail south. This is a one-way trip.
Activity Schedule for 2020
- Boarding: 8 a.m.: Boarding begins for our adventure. Enjoy coffee and breakfast on deck as we prepare the ship to get underway!
- Sailing!! 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.: The ship sails from Boston to Gloucester, MA. The ship sails out of Boston Harbor and passes Boston Light while making passage to the beautiful Cape Ann. On this leg of the cruise, you may see whales in Massachusetts Bay and will likely sail in the company of other schooners on their way to Gloucester for the 34th annual Gloucester Schooner Race.
- Lighted Boat Parade & Fireworks Cruise: The Liberty Clipper sails in Gloucester from 7:30 p.m. till approximately 10 p.m. to watch a lighted Parade of Sail and watch the fireworks! This part of the trip is only available to guests staying the whole weekend aboard.
- 8 – 8:30 a.m.: Boarding for race day cruise. We depart promptly at 8:45 a.m. to line up for the race!
- 9 a.m. – 4/5 p.m. (approx.): The Liberty Clipper competes in the 30th annual Mayor’s Cup racing in the coastal waters off of Cape Ann, against a large fleet of tall ships! Bring your camera – events like this present rare opportunities to get some great pictures of a fleet of tall ships pressing forward under sail!
- Race Day Guests Depart after race concludes
- 8 a.m.: Begin boarding for southbound day cruise passengers.
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.: The ship sails from Gloucester, MA to Boston, MA. The ship sails out of Gloucester bound south for Boston. On this leg of the cruise, you may see whales in Massachusetts Bay and will likely sail in the company of other schooners on their way home from the 34th annual Gloucester Schooner Race. Hear the crew tell their stories of the race and crew parties ashore. Lunch will be provided aboard during this southbound sail.
Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships
67 Long Wharf
Boston, MA 02110