Tall Ship Adventure Sailing Cruises...
The Bahamas to Boston!
Set sail on the Schooner Liberty Clipper on our most adventurous cruise! We sail offshore on the East Coast between Boston and the Bahamas with a few stop-overs along the way. Be a part of an offshore passage where you will participate in the sailing and navigation of a sailing ship as we set "sea-watches" for a voyage along the coast. If you've been an armchair sailor and want to earn your stripes or you've always dreamed of sailing offshore on a working sailing ship, this is the voyage for you!
This cruise mixes the best elements of our more relaxed "windjammer-style" cruises with an offshore element to bring you a vacation cruise that you will never forget. We typically see some whales and dolphins offshore, usually try to catch at least one of our meals on the way and always have some amazing sunsets and sunrises over the Atlantic!
Spring 2013 Itinerary...
IMPORTANT NOTES: This is an offshore cruise where the ship will be underway, out of sight of land for multiple days in a row. We intend to make the best possible speed bound for Boston. The dates below are approximate dates. Depending upon the weather, we may make port sooner or later than described below. Please call for details on this cruise. You'll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to join the crew and help sail a working tall ship offshore! If you prefer a more "easy paced" windjammer cruise, please book a Bahamas Windjammer Cruise with us. The ship will sail as much as possible, but will motor if necessary to maintain the schedule.
1st Leg of Voyage - $995
May 19, 2013: Join the ship in Nassau, the Bahamas between 12:00pm and 3:00pm. We plan to set sail this evening, weather dependent. You'll sail across the gulf stream, possibly enjoy an ocean swim call; try to catch a fish, navigate, climb the rigging, gaze at the stars! We expect to arrive in Charleston on May 23th, however, if we don't make as good a time, we may not arrive until the 24th. If you plan to disembark in Charleston, you will either want to book a last minute flight when we arrive in Charleston, or if you prefer to book in advance, we suggest booking a flight on the 24th in the afternoon. The ship will be in Charleston only briefly to re-fuel and re-provision (feed the ship, feed the crew!) before putting to sea again, so you may need a night in a hotel room for a flight on the 23th.
2nd Leg of Voyage - $995
May 23rd - Arrive in Charleston. If the ship has made fair time from Nassau, we'll be dockside waiting for you. If we will be a little later in arrival, you may need to stay shoreside in Charleston for the evening. When the ship makes port, it will re-provision and then set sail again. Voyage to Boston: This will be an offshore passage, sailing in the Gulf Stream. We will round Cape Hatteras and we must wait for a good weather window to make that passage. We expect to arrive in Boston by Saturday, June 1st in the afternoon. We could get there a little sooner, or be delayed by a day or two, again depending upon the weather. For a flight out of Boston, you may want to wait and book last minute, however, if you want to book in advance, we suggest not booking a flight until late in the evening of Sunday June 2nd or Monday June 3rd. We dock near Boston's historic North End so you'd have a great place to stay to explore the historic part of Boston for a day waiting for your flight and would be welcome to stay aboard the ship. The Liberty Clipper cannot be responsible for missed flights due to weather delays.
Book both legs for $1,899
NOTE: THIS TRIP WILL BE PHYSICALLY DEMANDING AND REQUIRES PARTICIPANTS TO BE ABLE TO CLIMB LADDERS, WALK ON A WET DECK OF A SAILING SHIP THAT WILL BE HEELED OVER AND HANG ON WHILE WALKING.
We hope to sail with you soon...